Mission, Vision, & Values
Arts for LA’s mission is to foster a healthy environment in which arts and culture may thrive and be accessible to all in Los Angeles County. Our mission statement is supported by our vision and statement of values.
Arts for LA envisions the greater Los Angeles region as one in which government, education, business and residents value, support and fully integrate the arts—in all their diversity—into the fabric of civic life.
Statement of Values
Arts for LA affirms that the arts are critical to a healthy, prosperous society. Access to substantive arts and cultural experiences enriches the quality of life for both residents of and visitors to the greater Los Angeles region. We work to promote policies that uphold these values:
- The arts foster civic engagement, stimulate economic activity, and increase cultural empathy, and thus play a crucial role in sustaining thriving communities.
- Every resident deserves access to a variety of arts and cultural experiences, both in the major arts institutions and in neighborhood cultural centers and programs.
- Arts education is central to the development of all children and to ongoing creative engagement for people of all ages.
- Artists and arts organizations require a social environment that values and supports their contributions and encourages excellence.
- The breadth, depth, and diversity of artistic and cultural life are critical measures of the vitality of Los Angeles.